Big Hands for Little Hearts and
Dostoevsky Family Children's Heart Foundation
Search for Executive Directors of its U.S. and Russian Foundations
October 19, 2005 - Pleasanton, California
A posting for the position of Executive Director of Big Hands for Little Hearts has begun circulation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Meanwhile, individuals in Russia are being selected for interview to head up the Dostoevsky Family Children's Heart Foundation. This individual will lead the Russian branch of the organization based in St. Petersburg. The job description of the US position, to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area is give below.
Russian background for Executive Director of New Medical Foundation
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 2005-10-17, 4:59PM PDT
The Dostoevsky Family Children's Heart Foundation and Big Hands for Little Hearts are sister foundations starting up simultaneously in St. Petersburg Russia and the Bay Area, California. We are dedicated to finding and caring for Russian Children with heart disease that do not have the means for care. Our background and details of our mission can be found at www.bh4lh.org. We are preparing to launch a major fund-raising campaign in the next few months. The Headquarters are in Pleasanton California and St. Petersburg, Russia but we have members from all over the San Francisco Bay Area and St. Petersburg, Russia.
We are searching for someone who is well connected in the Russian community in the US and, in particular, the Bay Area, perhaps with fund-raising experience and who has very good Russian/English translation skills for our new foundation. The person we are seeking may be from any part of the Bay Area.
- Development of fund-raising program in U.S.
- Interaction with potential local donors
- Russian/English translation of communications between American and Russian counterparts.
- Russian/English translation of web site stories.
This will begin as a non-salaried position but once we grow, a full time salary commensurate with experience and position is planned as well as possible Board seat.
· Some knowledge of non-profit organizations and fund-raising
· College degree
· Strong verbal and written communication with proper grammar and good spelling in both English and Russian
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Advanced degree in medicine, law or international relations
· Experience and knowledge of non-profit organization, fund-raising, and the San Francisco Russian community
· Russian background and possibly with personal experience in congenital heart disease.
APPLICATIONS: Email, mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Big Hands for Little Hearts
5565 West Las Positas Blvd, Suite 140
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Fax #: 925 397-2193
©2005 Big Hands for Little Hearts